Terms & Conditions for Trade Agents on amtrak.railagent.com
These terms and conditions apply to your booking of tickets with amtrak.railagent.com brought to you by Amtrak RailAgent.
1. Your contract is with the carrier, tour operator, or other service provider. We act only as an agent and accept no liability for any matters arising from or otherwise connected with your contract. The general booking coditions and specific conditions applicable to each particular ticket type (as displayed on this website) apply to your booking of tickets with Amtrak RailAgent, except as varied by these conditions.
3. You must keep secure the login identification that we give to you and ensure that only those employees authorised by you to make bookings on this website are authorised to use it. You will ensure that your authorised employees are sufficiently trained to operate the booking system efficiently. In the case of persistent failure to log in, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. We pay commission on the sale of tickets at the rate specified on each product page which may be varied by us from time to time. Periodically we will send you a statement of ticket sales on which commission will be paid and a cheque for the amount stated will follow. You accept that the payment of commission is entirely at our discretion.
5. You must ensure that all applicable conditions that apply to each ticket type are communicated to your customer and incorporated into any contract so as to be enforceable. You agree to procure compliance with the conditions of use & sale of tickets as displayed on this site’s individual product pages which may be varied from time to time.
6. You will indemnify Amtrak RailAgent against any liability to pay compensation to any person and from any losses costs and damages (including loss of revenue) as a result of any fault of yours or the non observance of these conditions. You acknowledge that we have no liability for the failure of any carrier, tour operator or other service provider.
7. You accept that tickets are subject to availability. Your ability to book tickets online using this website may be suspended or terminated by us at any time at our discretion.
8. All bookings made through our National Call Center are subject to a processing fee of $15.
9. Where we undertake the despatch of tickets, these are sent to the address in North America that you specify. Bookings received before 15h00 on any working day are processed on the same day. You should allow at least three working days for delivery. Special arrangements apply to bookings received outside this timescale. If you undertake despatch of tickets you must ensure that the same timescales are adhered to and provide an after sales service which is acceptable to us. We make every effort to ensure that all tickets booked through us are issued correctly and efficiently but in the event of any error or delay occurring in connection with the booking or the issue of tickets, our maximum liability will be to refund the price of the ticket.
10. You represent that you are authorised by your customer to purchase tickets on behalf of your customer and that all information that you provide is correct. Payment may be made only by the methods specified. If payment is made using a customer’s credit card, then you are confirming that you have their authorisation to use their card and if for any reason (e.g. fraud) repayment has to be made to your customer, you accept that you will be liable to Amtrak RailAgent for the amount charged instead of your customer. In any case where a ticket is cancelled in accordance with the applicable conditions you will remain liable for the price of the ticket (less any commission ) until we confirm that cancellation has been processed. Refunds are only made (where the conditions permit) using the same method used for the purchase of the tickets.
11. You agree to keep detailed records of all transactions relating to your purchase and sale of tickets and permit us or our authorised representatives to inspect these at any time. You agree to observe all applicable laws relating to the sale of tickets.
12. Where credit facilities are made available to you, you will not exceed any limit that may apply. You will obtain payment from your customer prior to confirming your booking. In any event payment will be due to us whether or not it has been received by you. You accept that facilities may be withdrawn at any time. Whilst you enjoy credit facilities there must remain in place a direct debit mandate which enables us to collect all sums due. At our request you will provide a bond in an amount we specify. If a valid direct debit request is rejected, we will charge interest at 4% over the base rate from time to time in force of NatWest Bank plc daily until payment is received.
13. You acknowledge that changes may be made to these terms and conditions that may affect your use of this website at any time.
RailAgent Legal Notices
The information contained within this web site is the property of RailAgent.com and the use of it is subject to the restrictions below. The information given on this site is constantly updated and subject to change. RailAgent.com cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies, typographical errors or photographic errors on this site. Information entered on this site by the user will not be used for any other purpose other than that which the user intended as laid out on the site. RailAgent.com cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies of any kind which may appear on any other site that is linked to this site. RailAgent.com reserves the right to update and make any changes to this site at any time, without notice to the user.
Terms of Business
Only tickets purchased from RailAgent.com, can be exchanged or refunded. If you wish to change the date or amend the booking in any way, a fee will be charged.
If you cancel your tickets, you must return them to RailAgent.com before the first date of travel. We will then refund the cost of the tickets subject to the deduction of cancellation fees. These will alter, depending on the relevant ticket conditions. In addition we have an overall administration charge on cancelled tickets. In the event that tickets arrive in our office after the first date of travel, no refund can be given. Please note that applications for exchange or refund of tickets should be made by first calling RailAgent.com at 1-888-RAIL-444 .
RailAgent.com cannot accept responsibility for postal delays or damaged tickets once they have been officially dispatched. Please allow three working days for delivery. Ticket orders for travel within three days cannot be accepted through this site and have to be ordered by telephone. Please call us 1-888-RAIL-444 for further information and help. When your booking has been confirmed, your tickets will be dispatched direct to your office or client’s home, to the address you have in the Shipping fields. We aim to process orders within one day of receipt. Every effort will be made by us to ensure that your order is delivered on time. Use of this website constitutes your agreement to all our terms and conditions. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, then you are not authorized to use this site.