AAA Discount for Adult Passengers
American Automobile Association (AAA) members and their immediate family (spouses and dependents) are eligible to receive a 10% discount on most adult rail fares for Amtrak travel. Up to two children ages 2 - 12 may accompany each adult member at half the AAA member rail fare.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the AAA discount, tickets must be purchased at least three days in advance of travel.
If a customer makes any change to the itinerary, the customer must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to the itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
- The AAA discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The AAA discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- The AAA discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The AAA discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The AAA discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada to Ontario.
- The AAA discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
For more information on using your AAA discount, click here.